James
James, Technician
Experience:  BSc (Hons)
75967336

I’ve just received my order of a hedge trimmer and battery

Customer Question

I’ve just received my order of a hedge trimmer and battery but can’t see how I charge the battery
JA: What's the brand and model of your hedge trimmer? How old is it?
Customer: brand new Ryobi one+18v. The battery is 4.0 ah
JA: How long has this been going on with your Ryobi hedge trimmer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just received it two days ago. Should there be a cradle to charge the battery in?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don’t think so
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Have you removed the battery from the trimmer?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It came a separate box.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
there is no cradle for the battery to charge in or any lead that plugs into the battery and mains supply
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

There should be an separate charging cradle for the battery, worth double checking the packaging its rather large (double the size of the battery) so suggests its been missed in packaging, and would contact the retailer to get a replacement shipped to you

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.