Tim JA
Tim JA, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a Honda eu 10i generator it’s running out there’s no

Customer Question

I have a Honda eu 10i generator it’s running out there’s no power coming out when I plug something in. Am i not doing something ?
JA: When did you last clean or perform maintenance on your Honda generator? How old is it?
Customer: Don’t know how old as I found it in my garage
JA: How long has this been going on with your Honda generator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: started it up & plugged in a brand new hair dryer
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: should I let it run before I expect power to come out it ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Tim JA replied 16 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your generator problem.

Since you don't know when it last worked, it might well be faulty, which would need diagnosis and then repair.  However, what is the appliance that you're plugging into the generator?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Iv tried 2 different ones. A phone charger and a new hair dryer
Expert:  Tim JA replied 16 days ago.

OK.  What indicator lights are showing on the generator when its engine is running?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No lights are on
Expert:  Tim JA replied 16 days ago.

OK. So if the output light isn't oh, there won't be any output (unless that light itself is faulty).  This suggests that the generator isn't working, so it needs fault-finding.

The difficulty in deciding whether or not to repair it is that you don't know its provenance and how much life is left in the engine, so the money spend on repair night turn out not to be worth it.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Tim JA replied 15 days ago.

You're welcome.  Sorry that there's no quick and easy answer on this one.