Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

The axle or bolt supporting the left back wheel has sheared

Customer Question

The axle or long bolt supporting the left back wheel has sheared off where it comes out of the wheel, leaving half of the axle / bolt still attached to rear central housing. Can I unscrew that out of the main housing and get a standard replacement? Thanks paul
JA: What specific tool or machine does this involve?
Customer: a Snapper ride on - LT200RD 22 hp
JA: How long has this been going on with your Snapper engine? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It broke suddenly today while cutting the grass
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can send you a picture if helpful
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 16 days ago.
send a picture. If just the bolt, it can be changed, If the axle is damaged, the transmission has to be disassembled!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks. I think it is just the bolt that has broken.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 15 days ago.

From your pictures, I see a broken axle shaft.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 15 days ago.
Let me know, looks like the transmission will have to be removed for disassembly.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks Curtis, yes that is consistent with the information i got here. I wondered if that part of the shaft just screwed into the transmission block, but I think the whole thing will have to be disassembled. I am looking for a second hand transmission block!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 15 days ago.

OK>