James
James, Technician
Experience:  BSc (Hons)
75967336

My Ryobi hedge trimmer won't start. Battery is fully

Customer Question

My Ryobi hedge trimmer won't start. Battery is fully charged. Can you help please.
JA: Do you know the model of your Ryobi hedge trimmer? How old is it?
Customer: X reach about 3 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Ryobi hedge trimmer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have just tried to use it for the first time this year. Was working when I put it away last autumn.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The battery is fully charged.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Have you checked the contacts on the battery and trimmer encase they are corroded, and ensure the battery is clicking fully into place?

Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this time, but happy to elaborate once you provide the additional info. For now I hope you find this initial guidance useful.

Where the contacts are clean and battery firmly installed and confident battery is fully charged then the unit should be sent in for repair which can be arranged by calling 0333(###) ###-####/a>

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.