James
James, Technician
Experience:  BSc (Hons)
75967336

I have an issue with a Bosch impact driver, it’s brand new,

Customer Question

I have an issue with a Bosch impact driver
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch impact driver? How old is it?
Customer: it’s brand new
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch impact driver? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s a GDR 18V200C Basically no drill bits stay in the port all my other Bosch products clip in magnetically but even the Bosch bits just tip out
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  James replied 5 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks James.
Expert:  James replied 5 days ago.

The parts which make up your impact driver can be seen here, it sounds like the retaining ring may be at fault, in essence stripping down the gear box or replacing the entire gear box (item 45) is the best way to resolve this issue.