Richard, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

Have recently bought a 54 plate BMW Z4 I want to be able to

Have recently bought a 54 plate BMW Z4
I want to be able to use the car phone in the car- it seems it needs a micro SIM card. I also don't want too be taking my nano SIM ( and using a cradle) out of my iPhone 6 each time i drive..so what are the options?
Ive contact my mobile service provider, who refuses to give me a 2nd /duplicate SIM card, so I'm thinking I may need to get a PAYG SIM and then divert calls??
Is there anyway of 'pairing' with bluetooth without having to buy special units to wire into the system ( please note there are no telephone buttons on the steering column), however there is a microphone on the steering column for hands free use of the ' car phone'
Can you help please?

Hi there and welcome

You wont be able to use Bluetooth to pair the phone with the car phone, it is not capable.

Your best option will be to forward the calls from a cheap provider to put the sim in the car phone then forward the calls to it if your current provider does not provider dual sims.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My thoughts too
Tried putting micro SIM in car phone but get no service
Interestingly used old Vodaphone SIM and it did seem to have the potential to work - message on phone suggested it had signal / service but because if not used in ages it probably had no credit - tried calling Vodaphone to top up but can't do without the number ( I cannot remember the number)...
So I bought a '3' PAYG SIM. From Tesco, but got the message ' no service'
Wondered if this was beachside it's a modern SIM ( for use with data / in smartphones etc)
Any thoughts welcome

Did you intialize the SIM card in order for it to get service. You will see the instructions when you purchase it and you need to call the company to get it initialized and active.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I do that on the phone if it just says 'no service'??

You use another phone that is working to call them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course!! I thought I'd have to call them using that SIM

No, you just need to call them to activate the account

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks will try that and will rate your reply too