Vinod Menon
Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

A member of my family is going to give me his older i-phone6

Customer Question

A member of my family is going to give me his older i-phone6 which he bought and used in Japan and it is blocked. Can I unblock it in Europe? I live in Ireland. Or can I maybe get an unblocking code through the internet?
Denisa
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Denisa, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Providing its a network lock, yes you should be able to unlock it to use another providers SIM, the best thing to do is to get your brother to contact his network provider as most will give you the code over the phone once the phone is a few months old.

James