Richard, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

I have a Sony Xperia M2 that hat has crahed, I can see it

Customer Question

I have a Sony Xperia M2 that hat has crahed, I can see it through Xpeia companion, It tells me the phone is locked but it stall before I can enter the key code to unlock the phone, Is there any way round this problem.
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: Two Days ago
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: I have held the up button and the power button till it vibrates three time, is that the rest required. Nigel Robinson.
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Will this be expensive or just better to replace.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

The ONLY way to remove the lock is to reset the device , which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data.

I am sorry but you will need to reset the phone, this will remove the data but you cannot avoid this sorry.

To do this

Go to http://android.com/devicemanager

Sign in with the account you used on the phone

Choose Erase phone

It will reset so you can set it up again

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

You can also check if your photos where backed up on this link

http://photos.google.com

Just make sure to sign in with the same account you used on the phone

Let me know how you go please