Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Smartphone Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

I tried to unlock my phone today and the it says that my pin

Customer Question

I tried to unlock my phone today and the it says that my pin is incorrect. I've been using this pin for the last 2 months and haven't changed it since. I restart my phone in the hopes that it would work when restarted but it still didn't change and now bio-metrics are disabled and I have no way to access my phone. How can I get back into my phone?
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: about 60-90 minutes ago
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: How can I factory reset without access to the phone. I have a flight in 3 hours will I have the time
JA: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How long do you think it will take?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do I get in touch through this website
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 month ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is Lorenz Vauck and I am a tech expert with 19 years of experience.

Indeed, a factory reset is the only thing that will help in this case. It can be performed without the PIN by special key combinations, but I would need to know the exact model of your phone first before I can tell you how to do it on your specific phone.

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

As I have not heard back from you anymore, I will provide the best answer based on the information you have provided. What you will need to do is a factory reset by using special keys during start-up. As the keys and in which order to press them depends on the phone, please do a Google search for "factory reset buttons [YOUR PHONE MODEL]".

Thank you very much,

Lorenz