Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I've just had to change my phone as the screen is broken and

Customer Question

I've just had to change my phone as the screen is broken and I can't get my contacts or photos from the broken phone to put on my new phone as I couldn't get code my new phone asked for to retrieve my contents
Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: Yesterday morning
Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: The only backup I had is my old phone I thought everything was backed up with cloud
Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Pete replied 11 days ago.

Hi! My name is Pete. I am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Have you tried logging in to your Google account to check if your contacts and photos are backed up there?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No I don't remember password
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My contacts and photos don't seem to be backed up if I remotely connect will I definitely get everything back.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 days ago.

Ok, you will need to check if the information is backed up in Google first.

If you don't remember your password, you can reset it at https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery