Cris
Cris, Computer Expert
Experience:  Android and iPhone Specialist. Knowledge of rooting, flashing, and troubleshooting many devices.
10156100

My Samsung S8 (fully charged) won't turn on. Sorry, got that

Customer Question

My Samsung S8 (fully charged) won't turn on.
JA: What device is not powering up?
Customer: Sorry, got that wrong. Galaxy S6
JA: When did you last charge your Galaxy?
Customer: Overnight.
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons)?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's about all I can tell you.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Cris replied 5 days ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris. Sorry to hear about your issue I will do my best to quickly assist. Allow me a moment to provide a solution.

PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST REMOTE SUPPORT FOR THIS ISSUE I CAN ONLY REMOTE INTO A PC.

Expert:  Cris replied 5 days ago.
  1. If connected to the charger disconnect for 30 seconds.
  2. Then plug it back in and leave it on the charger.
  3. After 5 minutes press and hold the power button for up to 1 minute or until the phone turns on which ever is shorter.
  4. Then allow the phone to boot up and do not disconnect until 100% fully charged.

Let me know the outcome or if you need further assistance. Thanks, Cris.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Phone did not power up after step 3.
Expert:  Cris replied 5 days ago.

Can you attempt the solution one more time it can take 1-2 tries sometimes before it works.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have tried that several times now and all I get is a sore thumb!
Expert:  Cris replied 5 days ago.

Unfortunately your phone's battery may have gone bad. How long have you had the phone?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Bought 2 years ago second-hand. Yes, I had suspected it might be a battery issue.
Expert:  Cris replied 5 days ago.

Contact Samsung Galaxy support at 1(###) ###-#### There could be a chance that they will cover the battery if not they will provide you a exchange or battery replacement. I know this maybe not the answer you were hoping for but do to circumstances the solution I can provide you. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Expert:  Cris replied 5 days ago.

You're very welcome.