Ashik
Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

Iv locked my phone and I don't remember the pin number. I am

Customer Question

Iv locked my phone and I don't remember the pin number. I am using my friends phone
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: Last night
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: I can't get into my phone to do anything it's asking for the pin number
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 18 days ago.

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

What is the model of your phone?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Huawei smart phone I don't the model 2018
Expert:  Ashik replied 18 days ago.

I need to know the model number, so I can send the correct instructions. Turn off the phone and turn it back on to see the model. Or check the box of your phone.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No
Expert:  Ashik replied 18 days ago.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Just to remind you I'm using my friends phone which is huawei p20 lite
Expert:  Ashik replied 18 days ago.

What is the model of your locked phone?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It's a huawei p smart 2018
Expert:  Ashik replied 18 days ago.

Since you are locked out, the only option to get into the phone is factory-reset it. There is no other way to override the lock screen. Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). This is how they designed the device. If you have any back up made to Google or Huawei account prior to this issue, then you will get your data back, but it is too late to backup now.

Follow the steps below to factory reset it (make sure you follow the steps below exactly or it will not work);

Turn off the phone. To do that, then hold down Volume Down and Power until it turns off and then immediately do the next step.

Press and hold down Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time until it boots into a menu,

Android system recovery will be loaded now (may take up to 2 minutes. Press Volume Up and Power if it shows No Command)

Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Select Yes — delete all user data. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Then select reboot system now(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

That should factory reset the phone.

After the factory reset, you need to set up the phone again (like a new phone). If there is a backup made on Google or Huawei account, you will get your data back. So make sure you sign in with the same account you used on it.

If you are unable to reset it, then try to erase/reset it from this site (make sure you erase this problem phone and not any other devices) --> https://google.com/android/find

(Login with the same Google account you used on the phone to erase it)

If you have any difficulty following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.

Please note, I can only give you truthful information which you may or may not like but it is truthful information to your question. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rating positively as I am only a messenger. If you simply want more information or continued help, please let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
You haven't fixed the problem so I'm not happy
Expert:  Ashik replied 18 days ago.

Did you see my answer? I've just sent it now.

That should factory reset the phone.