Richard, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

I have an A50 handset that overheated on Monday and won't

Customer Question

I have an A50 handset that overheated on Monday and won't switch on now. What can I do to fix it?
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: Samsung A50
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since Monday at approximately 3:30pm. I put the phone on charge and tried to get it to switch on, took the back panel off and aimed a fan directly at it to cool it down and tried connecting it to my laptop to see if I could salvage anything but nothing has worked.
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your phone. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phone.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me Richard. I followed your advice but unfortunately there was absolutely no reaction from the handset.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you connect the charger then hold volume up and power for 20 seconds.

Does it then come on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that too and during the 20 seconds I felt it vibrate 3 times within the 20 seconds but it still does not turn on.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time and advice.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome