Richard, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

I've been locked out of my phone - every time I power-off or

Customer Question

I've been locked out of my phone - every time I power-off or reboot I get the message "Get Started"
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: Last Thursday
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: All I have is the SIM - nothing backed up - all I need is my address book with all my contact numbers
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I desperately need my phone back in service! LOL
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your phone. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phone.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have held the power button off for 60 seconds - the result has been the same - my screen reads "Welcome" and "GET STARTED". I'm then asked to enter my user name and password ***** my Google account. I don't have an account.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok,. then choose to make a new Google Account please