Ashik
Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I have just received my iPhone but for some reason it is not

Hi I have just received my iPhone but for some reason it is not ringing? I have checked all the usual possibilities but it goes straight to voicemail, I had an Android phone but it is still in use so should I take the sim out to then make my iPhone ring?
JA: What's the brand and model of your Android phone?
Customer: It’s. a Samsung but not sure of model sorry
JA: How long has this been going on with your Samsung phone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I upgraded to an iPhone which I received yesterday and transferred most of my apps to this from my old Samsung but should I take the sim out of android phone now
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am also trying to transfer my photos but without any luck but this is something I can do at a later date in a shop thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I have now taken the sim out of my old phone but my iPhone is still not ringing, going straight to voicemail

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer! My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

Make sure the silent switch of your iPhone is not turned on. It is on the left side, above the volume buttons. If it is showing red, then switch it back. Red means it is muted. Then check if it is ringing now.

If not, go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and make sure it is not turned on there.

If that didn't work, then it must be some settings. So we can reset the settings. Go to Settings> General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. This will reset ringtone settings, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. You will have to connect to your Wi-Fi after resetting all settings and also do the basic settings.

Call from another phone and check if it is ringing now.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note: This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5-star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reset phone and still does not ring, goes straight to voicemail

Is Do Not Disturb mode enabled? Also, are you able to make calls?

Also, take out the SIM card from your Android phone and put it on your phone. Then only you will get calls on your iPhone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it’s not enabled, I have checked all the things that it could be but just goes straight to voicemail when you ring the phone and cannot make calls, I do receive wapsapp calls

Take out the SIM card from your Android phone and put it on your iPhone. Then only you will get calls on your iPhone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I am connected to the WiFi but says No Service in the corner so that doesn’t seem right either!

Did you insert the SIM card on this phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it works with my old Sim from the Android phone so shall I keep it in my iPhone plus the WIFI has now come up!!

Yes. If you want to make and receive calls from your iPhone, then put it on your iPhone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will everything else work the same on the IPhone with the android SIM card?

Yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your help it’s much appreciated

You are most welcome! Take care and stay safe!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you goodbye ��

:)

Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience: Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones