Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  Several years experience in both smartphone setup and sales.
30759776

My samsung galaxy note 4 has been working perfectly well for

Customer Question

My samsung galaxy note 4 has been working perfectly well for aabout 3 years. Now, out of nowhere, it is saying SIM Network Unlock PIN
JA: When did you last change the password ***** passcode to your Galaxy Note?
Customer: it does not have a password. I factory reset it this evening but yet to put any passcode
JA: Is there a Gmail address linked to your device?
Customer: Yes. before the factory reset
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have searched online and even paid for unlock codes but all keep saying the phone is open and not tied/lock to any carrier
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (23S2T77)
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com. My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to helping you. I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

The default PUK code is usually 1234, 0000, 1111, or the last four digits of your phone number. If neither of those go to work, you'll need to contact your cell phone service provider, who does have a copy of the Sim card lock code.

***** *****

Hello friend,

I hope that I am not bothering you today. I just wanted to touch bases with you and ask if any additional help is needed. If there is something else that I can help with, please let me know and I will be happy to continue with you.

***** *****

If you wish to ask ***** ***** any questions in the future, you may do so on the page linked below:
***** *****' Profile: http://www.JasonFixedit.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your response. The issue is not actually the pin or puk code. The phone has been working with the sim. All of a sudden, one morning, the phone showed invalid sim. We changed more than 6 SIM cards and all showed same invalid sim including the original sim that was working before. Now if you switch on the phone with any sim, you get a message that says enter SIM network unlock pin. This now happens with any sim. We have contacted the network provider and even paid for independent unlock and all said the phone is open and not locked

In that case, you may need to factory reset the phone, which will erase everything on it. Before you continue, be sure that you have the correct SIM card in the phone.

Factory reset using the hardware buttons

1. Turn off your Galaxy Note 4.

2. Press and hold Power, Volume Up and the Home button until you see Recovery booting in blue at the top of your screen. Release the buttons when you see the recovery screen.

3. You'll now be in Recovery Mode. Use the volume buttons to scroll up and down and the Power button to confirm. It's not a bad idea to wipe the cache partition while you're here, but it is not essential.

4. Scroll down to Wipe data/Factory reset and press Power to confirm.

5. Scroll down to Yes and press Power to confirm.

6. You'll see a notification in yellow at the bottom of the screen to confirm the reset has been completed. Scroll to Reboot system now and hit Power to confirm.

7. Your Galaxy Note 4 will now reboot.