Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B, Specialist
Experience:  ICT Support 1/2/3/ Line at Peopleware
72451768

I have a Samsung GT-C3590 mobile which I have had for 6

Hi, I have a Samsung GT-C3590 mobile which I have had for 6 years. The battery is not keeping its charge in that after a couple of days the battery goes dead. Can I order another battery or is it not worth it in view of the age of the phone?
JA: When did you last charge your phone?
Customer: This morning, so it is, hopefully, fully charged. The previous time was Thursday evening I think.
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?
Customer: no I haven't.
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't have a smartphone - it is a flip top phone.

Hello, my name is*****'m happy to assist you today with your Samsung GT-C3590, Lets get started!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can we please try the following:

1. Cell phone must be on.
  2. Dial *2767*3855# ***** code.
  3. Device should restart itself after that reset should be done.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jeffrey, thank you for your help. I have done what you have suggested. What happens now? Has the problem been resolved and will the battery charge last as long as it used to? If it doesn't, what do you suggest? Polite answers please!!!!! Perhaps I need to take you up on your offer and for you to securely connect to my device and fix the problem. Kind regards, Loraine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I might just as well put the £20 towards a new phone if necessary. Hopefully the problem will have been rectified. I live in hopes!

understood, thank you

did we try a reset of the phone?

In the first step hold down the Power button and tap on Restart icon two times from the menu.
If the phone vibrates or the SAMSUNG Galaxy logo shows up press Volume Up + Power key together for a couple of seconds.
When Recovery Mode appears let go of all keys.
Now use Volume buttons to choose "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power key once.
In this menu choose "Yes" and confirm by using the Power button.
Finally choose "reboot system now" with the Power key.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jeffrey, I did what you suggested. I can't carry out your recommendations since I do not have a Samsung Galaxy phone.

understood, thank you

the samsung logo should still come up.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help, but I don't have a samsung logo on my phone and when I press the power button the power goes off. I will leave it for a few days and see how long it takes for the battery to run down, but I will probably end up buying a new up to date phone.

i see,

I am here almost 24/7, just send me a message if you need me.

Stay healthy.

Kind regards,

Jeff

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You stay healthy and safe as well. I will probably get my new phone when I don't have to stand two metres apart from the mobile phone expert in Tesco! Kind regards, Loraine

yes Stay safe with these strange times Loraine,

Kind regards,

Jef