Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

When I want to buy more letters on Words with friends it

Customer Question

When I want to buy more letters on Words with friends it won’t let me. It just says ‘oops I’m sorry something went wrong. Try again’. Please can you fix it.
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: its an IPhone 6 apple
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: jist a mobile. How do I find the OS
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?
Customer: At least three month. There is nothing you can do except turning off and on
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have an iOS13.4.1 and when I want to buy more letters on my word game it just says ‘Oops Sorry. There’s an error. Try again. ‘ please sort it out for me
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you going to help my question
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I ave been waiting for an hour now. Do you know how much longer it will be
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am waiting
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

That could mean that the issue is with your Apple iTunes acoc**t or the payment method. I suggest you follow this official guide for inapp purchases - https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202023

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for answering.I play the Word with Friends game on my Iphone many times a day. On my old Iphone I could buy new letters for 0.79p whenever I wanted. Now I cant. When I try it always says “Oops. There was an error. Try again” and then freezes my phone
for a minute or two.I can swap letters if I have 20 points but not buy when I need to. Please can you revert this problem or tell me how to do it because it is driving me mad!RegardsCaroline Cass

Seems like an issue with the app causing that error and the phone freezing. I suggest you to uninstall the app and then re-install it again