John T. F.
John T. F., Apple Consultant
Experience:  25+ years in the tech service industry, specializing in Apple devices
60674955

Is there anyway I can delete the IOS and go back to my

Is there anyway I can delete the IOS and go back to my original settings ?
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Apple iPhone 6
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What version of iOS are you running?
Customer: I do not know, a message said my phone had updated. It also said it wasn’t able to update an app because it wasn’t connected. While charging my phone I let it update the app. I was then unable to do anything with my phone. So I had to join hoping I could then delete the app. This was only last night,
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also have an Ipad

Hello! I’m John, a JustAnswer Expert, and I’ll be assisting you today. Thanks for your question.

If remote assistance is offered, please ignore it.

You can not go back to an earlier version of iOS once the update has been successfully replied.

If you're having misc issues with the device after updating, it may help to reset iOS settings though.

This will not remove any personal data but will reset iOS options back to current system defaults. You may have to re-enter passwords for Wi-Fi and similar services.

On the device;

tap Settings

tap General

tap Reset

tap Reset All Settings

The device should eventually restart.

Test to see if your issues are resolved.

Hopefully, this answer will satisfy your concerns. If you still have questions or if something is unclear, please reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to help you further to try and get this resolved quickly.

Thank you and good luck,

John