Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B,
Experience:  ICT Support 1/2/3/ Line at Peopleware
72451768

My son has changed his sign in method on a huawei Nova 5t

Customer Question

Hi, my son has changed his sign in method on a huawei Nova 5t phone to a pin which he has forgotten as the face recognition didn't seem to work in the dark when he was listening to an audio book in bed and it asked him to enter the pin for more security. We have tried every combination of what he thinks it is but no luck. Everything we have looked up seems to say a factory reset is the only way but he is really upset about this as he has all his contacts for his friends and photo's etc on here. It looks like we have not set up an email as backup when we first set up the phone, although I can't believe that we skipped this stage when we set it up. Is there any other way?
JA: When were you last able to use your Huawei phone?
Customer: About a week ago, I think.
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Phone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: We don't have a backup. Does that mean he will loose everything?
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that is all. Thank you.
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
We no longer need an answer to this question. Can we stop the process? We called Huawei direct and they said factory reset was the only solution.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 4 days ago.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Please cancel this question and process a refund. We got the information from Huawei customer services. Many thanks.
Expert:  Jeffrey B replied 4 days ago.

Hello, my name is*****'m happy to assist you today with your huawei Nova 5t phone , Lets get started!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can we please try the following:

try holding the volume up button + the power button for 30 seconds.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Jeffrey, I have asked to cancel this request and for a refund to be processed as we already resolved this yesterday by calling Huawei directly. Many thanks. Kind regards
Dawn
Expert:  Jeffrey B replied 4 days ago.

yes offcourse Dawn,

this can be done here: https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-to-request-refund

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Many thanks.
Expert:  Jeffrey B replied 3 days ago.

you are welcome,

Kind regards,

Jeffrey