Ashik
Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

Screen is blank and will not open when I swipe it. a message

Customer Question

screen is blank and will not open when I swipe it. a message told me that moisture has been detected.
JA: When did you last charge your phone?
Customer: this morning
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?
Customer: yes and nothing happens
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 19 days ago.

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

What is the model of your phone?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Samsung Galaxy A20e
Expert:  Ashik replied 19 days ago.

The moisture detected indicates that the charging port is wet or sensors detected moisture. You can soft reset or force reboot it. Press and hold down the Power button and Volume Down button at the same time for 10-20 seconds or until it shows the Samsung logo. This will force reboot it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note: This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5-star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Also, if you get an offer for a secure remote for an additional amount, please ignore it as it is an automatic offer from this site and not applicable to this question.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
if moisture is detected can it be turned back on.
Expert:  Ashik replied 19 days ago.

The moisture is in the port, so when it is detected, don't charge it. Clean the charging port using a tissue or a piece of cloth (with the help of a toothpick or paper clip). Then you can turn it on.

Remember, if there was water damage, then DO NOT turn on the phone

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I do not want a monthly subscription
Expert:  Ashik replied 19 days ago.

Subscription is optional. You can contact customer support and they will cancel it for you -> https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us