Ashik
Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

Sorry I aborted the earlier call. Domestic problem. My Pixma

Sorry I aborted the earlier call. Domestic problem. My Pixma MG6150 shows "5B00 Printer error contact the service center" when I turn it on.
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your 5B00?
Customer: Windows Office Home and Student 2007
JA: How long has this been going on with your 5B00? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only a matter of two or tree days.
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My hardware consultant has recently retired so I am on my own.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

5B00 means waste ink absorber is full and needs to be replaced. Your printer has a waste ink absorber which takes in waste ink during the printing and some other operations like print head cleaning or nozzle cleaning. The printer will keep the amount of ink that the absorber has absorbed in its lifetime.

After the continuous use of the printer, the printer will enter a condition when the ink absorber is almost full or completely full. In this situation, the printer itself will prevent you from printing to protect itself from further problems like overflowing, bad prints, etc. That is why it is showing that error. You need to call the Canon technician to get it cleaned or replaced.

Replacing or cleaning the printer absorber is a messy and time-consuming process. Sometimes cleaning will not do anything and you may need to replace the absorber and requires an hardware reset. It is done by the manufacturer and this is something that the consumer shouldn't do. This issue can't be fixed easily as this require part replacement or reset from the manufacturer. So, you need to take it to Canon and have them replace the absorber and/or reset the waste counter using their tool (which is not available to customers)

If this is an old model printer, I'd recommend not to fix it as it may cost more than $50 to replace the ink pads/absorber. You should get a new printer because it has more life for other components than the current printer and you will get a fresh warranty as repairing/replacing existing components doesn't give that. Not only that, for the price of fixing this printer, but you will also get a current generation printer.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please note, I can only give you truthful information which you may or may not like but it is truthful information to your question. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rating positively as I am only a messenger. If you simply want more information or continued help, please let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied

Also, if you get an offer for a secure remote, please ignore it as it is an automatic offer from this site and not applicable to this question