Ashik
Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I have put my previous SIM card into my refurbished IPhone

I have put my previous SIM card into my refurbished IPhone 8+ but cannot seem to down load my contacts or diary, or other email accounts, how can I import these.
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Gmail
JA: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Hardly ever have to access Gmail
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The main thing is how to import my contacts and diary to the new Iphone, when I press import contacts from sim in settings, it flashes up for a second that it is importing contacts, but nothing happens, and no contacts
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can you help with my question above please

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

Simply swapping the SIM card won't download your data to your iPhone. You need to sign in with the same Apple ID, iCloud, email accounts, etc on your phone. On your new iPhone, open Settings > name at the top or Sign In > iCloud and sign in to your iCloud account.

Then open Settings > Passwords and Accounts or Settings > Mail and Settings > Contacts and then sign in to your email account there.

If your data synced to iCloud, Gmail, etc, they will be synced to your iPhone 8+

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note: This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5-star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate the answer bad or poor or anything and instead let me know by replying here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Also, if you get an offer for a secure remote for an additional amount, please ignore it as it is an automatic offer from this site and not applicable to this question.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It has all come through! I hadn’t turned on in settings contacts and diary....otherwise the new iPhone now has all my contacts and diary schedule.

Yes, you can also turn on other options like photos, photos, etc as well