Sheri
Sheri, Technical Support Expert Consultant
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

When I switch my laptop on it says "Please wait" and won't

Customer Question

When I switch my laptop on it says "Please wait" and won't go any further?
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: E5-571-360c Aspire E15
JA: What have you tried so far with your Acer? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: When it originally switched on I logged onto my daughter's wi-fi. Then a message came up did I want to update my windows? I clicked on yes, and then it just said please wait. This happened 3 days ago.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Sheri replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer, an independent question and answer portal. My name is Sheri. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I know it can be frustrating. I am happy to assist you and will do my best to resolve it for you quickly.

*Please note: You may see offers for Premium Services pop up. These offers are automatically generated by the system, not by me. They are optional and do carry an additional charge. We can always continue to work on your solution through messaging.

Your Solution:

Please power off the laptop by holding in the power button. Leave off for 15 minutes. Then plug into power and try powering on again and see if it applies any updates or comes up.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. I really appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Still says please wait!
Expert:  Sheri replied 13 days ago.

is it plugged in with a network cable or connected through wifi?