Kat
Kat, Expert
Experience:  Technical Lead
110517830

I have not felt any need for a smart phone previously: I

Customer Question

I have not felt any need for a smart phone previously: I have a dumb Nokia mobile and a good iMac at home, plus a very good mini camera. However I am going skiing to France and Switzerland this season and need to have NHS (and French and Swiss equivalent) Covid apps on my phone to enter the countries and get into Restaurants, bars and railway stations, and to to do a passenger locator form just before returning to the UK. I need advice what to get. I don't use social media, I will use my iMac for most website searches- in fact I doubt I will use it much except to message and phone, and check emails when I am away from London. I do however need good sound on the phone since my hearing is not good (I am 74). I don't want to have to charge it every day and want to run it cheaply (so should I get an untied phone?)
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: I have not felt any need for a smart phone previously: I have a dumb Nokia mobile and a good iMac at home, plus a very good mini camera. However I am going skiing to France and Switzerland this season and need to have NHS (and French and Swiss equivalent) Covid apps on my phone to enter the countries and get into Restaurants, bars and railway stations, and to to do a passenger locator form just before returning to the UK. I need advice what to get. I don't use social media, I will use my iMac for most website searches- in fact I doubt I will use it much except to message and phone, and check emails when I am away from London. I do however need good sound on the phone since my hearing is not good (I am 74). I don't want to have to charge it every day and want to run it cheaply (so should I get an untied phone?)
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: Read my message, this is all irrelevant. My current phone is no problem except it isn't smart.
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I don't want anything large - it should fit easily in a pocket and be reasonably robust.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is there anybody there? Is someone really looking at my question?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It has been 37 minutes since I asked my question: enough time for your coffee break. should I give up?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Any answer, either on here or on phone would be good. After an hour waiting I am giving up for now.
Expert:  Shaila Shaik replied 13 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a tech specialist with over 1 year of experience. I’m more than happy to help, please just give me a moment to review the details of your question.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I just got your text.

May I know what requirements do you need the device to attain?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I thought I explained. What more do you need?

I have checked your requirements and found a list of smartphones that might be the one you're looking for. Click on the below link and proceed with:  https://www.review-hub.co.uk/best-budget-phones-uk/

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** look through them

Anymore assist required, I would be happy to help.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I was told not all the smart phones can get the apps I mentioned and allow me to access my NHS records etc. Can all those do it? Do I need an untethered phone to get cheap network deals? (have I got the right word?)

(NHS) will absolutely work on all the smartphones mentioned. Network deals depend upon the company to company and any device would be just fine to go with for network deals.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Will all phones and networks have coverage to work around Europe as I asked in my question?

Yes, Anymore assist required, I would be happy to help.

"The Ulefone 9P" Device seems to be the best out of the list that provides all the requirements you needed.

If need anymore assist on this, Happy to help!

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks. End now.
Expert:  Shaila Shaik replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer i will end the question right now.

Expert:  Kat replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to JA, sorry to hear you are having issues selecting the right smart phone for your needs.

In reality any basic Android phone will meet your needs, most phones will last 2-3 days if only used occasionally and data switched off when not in use.

The larger screen you opt for the shorter the battery life in general and obviously the harder it is to fit into a pocket.

I would concur getting a sim free \ unlocked phone to use on any network would be your best option so not tied to any single provider.

Expert:  Kat replied 12 days ago.

Do let me know if you have any follow up questions with selecting your smart phone.