Viet-Smartphone Tech
Viet-Smartphone Tech, Smartphone Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with smartphones.
30037186

I have a Samsung fold z and I have locked myself out of

Hi I have a Samsung fold z and I have locked myself out of it...is there a way I can unlock it and if so how much would it cost ? and is it safe and secure ? its a new phone and I havnt transfered all my data from my previous phone to it yet.
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: Last week,when I was trying to transfer data,I wasn't well and should of left it alone as I dont know what I have done,can't remember the 4 letter and 1 number password.
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: I have tried different ways as I have looked on Google and YouTube but can't seem to get it right at present.
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Know that's all thankyou.

I'm sorry about your phone issue. I'm glad to assist you today. To confirm, your Samsung phone is locked out. Please try the following steps:

Solution #1:

1. Click on the website below:
    https://findmymobile.samsung.com
  2. There, sign in your Samsung account, if you have one.
  3. Then unlock your Samsung Fold Z phone if it's there.

Solution #2:

1. Click on the website below:
    https://www.google.com/android/find
  2. There, sign in your google gmail email address.
  3. Then secure / lock (or erase) your Samsung device if it's there in order to change the password (or to re-set it up.)

If the first two solutions do not work, then please try the third solution below:

Solution #3:

1. On your Samsung phone, press and hold the Power key and power off.
    - (If it does not power off, then press and keep holding both the Volume Down key and Power key for about 9 seconds for it to power off / restart the phone, then do the next step right away.)
  2. Press and hold both the Volume Up key and the Power key at the same time.
  3. Keep holding these two keys together until the Android logo or the recovery menu appears on the screen.
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight the option wipe data / factory reset.
  5. Press Power button to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight option Yes....
  7. Press Power button to select.
  8. Once the reset process is finished, press the Power key to reboot system now.

If needed, please click on the website below, and watch the instruction video there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqopbJyhScc

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It's on line to my sky box,been through Google to erase it,so I can unlock it but nothing has happened yet,will it take some time ?

It should only take a few minutes. If needed, hold both Volume and Power buttons for ten seconds to restart it and check. If it still doesn't work, please try the third solution. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have already tried what you suggested before and again but it hasn't worked atall.I have paid you £27.00 for nothing,seriously I just want it unlocked because I can't remember the password,it's on flight mode which I can't remove until I unlock it,tried all solutions on Google and you tube and nothing has worked atall.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Well I hope someone has the decentcy to contact me tomorrow and help me sort this out or I will stop my payments going through to you.

I do live online support; I will continue to help you here. Do you get a menu / the recovery option when you try the steps below?

- Press and keep holding both the Volume Down key and Power key for about 9 seconds for it to power off / restart the phone, then right away, press and hold both the Volume Up key and the Power key at the same time.

- Are you stuck at any step in the video at the website below?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Could you please take note,you can not ring me on my Samsung s10 as o2 have transfered my number to my new Samsung fold z but the sim card is still in my Samsung s10 so I could get to my emails and messager app with the Samsung fold z being locked.

Please use your email. Let me know if there is any trouble accessing your email. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
contacting me by email is fine on the Samsung s10...just want my Samsung fold unlocked.

Do you get a menu / the recovery option when you try the steps below?

- Press and keep holding both the Volume Down key and Power key for about 9 seconds for it to power off / restart the phone, then right away, press and hold both the Volume Up key and the Power key at the same time. Does that do anything at all?

Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Will watch that now and try it.

OK. Please take your time. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My Samsung fold z is all sorted now.Thankyou for all your help and patience with me,much appreciated.

You're welcome. Great. If you need anything else, please let me know anytime. Take care! Thank you for your patience.