Viet-Smartphone Tech
Viet-Smartphone Tech, Smartphone Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with smartphones. Samsung Apple Motorola Pixel
30037186

I've forgotten my lock screen pin number code and can't

Customer Question

I've forgotten my lock screen pin number code and can't factory reset my phone
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: 2 weeks ago
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: Yes I've tried to factory reset my phone but it's not letting me do it Could you talk me through it now and I'll try again please How to factory reset it because I might be doing something wrong
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Viet-Smartphone Tech replied 18 days ago.

I'm sorry about your issue. I'm glad to assist you today. To confirm the issue, your phone login PIN is not working. What's the model of your phone?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps. Please sign in your gmail email address at the website below, and then secure / erase your phone there for now, then re-set it up.

https://www.google.com/android/find

If that does not work, please do the following steps:

1. On your phone, press and keep holding both the Volume Down key and Power key for about 9 seconds for it to power off / restart the phone, then do the next step right away.
  2. Press and hold both the Volume Up key and the Power key at the same time.
  3. Keep holding these two keys together until the Android logo or the recovery menu appears on the screen.
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight the option wipe data / factory reset.
  5. Press Power button to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight option Yes....
  7. Press Power button to select.
  8. Once the reset process is finished, press the Power key to reboot system now.

If needed, please click on the website below for the instruction video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2hCKiwE9xE

For further assistance, please let me know the model of your phone. We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below. Thank you for your patience.