Ashik
Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

An iPhone has been stolen, how do I disable it? They have

Customer Question

An iPhone has been stolen, how do I disable it? They have turned off fine my phone
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: iPhone 11 Pro
JA: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It was stolen an hour ago
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No this is it
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 days ago.

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. I’m sorry to hear that you lost your phone. I will send the instructions to locate or track it online as well as erase it. Give me a minute, please.

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 days ago.

Thank you very much for your patience! 
If you have iCloud or Find My iPhone activated on it then you can track it. On your PC or another device, go to www.icloud.com/find

Then log in with your Apple ID or the iCloud account you used on your iPhone. Click the 'Find My iPhone' button. Then click All Devices, then select your iPhone. This will show the iPhone on the map. If you are unable to track it, then click Lost Mode there. This will password ***** it and show the custom message you want on it.

If iCloud still does not find it, then click Erase there. This will erase the iPhone and deactivate it. No one will ever be able to use that iPhone without you activating it again.

(Once it is erased, you need to provide your Apple ID and password ***** activate it again)

If you have not enabled the iCloud and Find My iPhone option on it, then I'm sorry, you will not be able to track it. It can't also be tracked if it is turned off. But it will be erased the moment it turns on (assuming it is connected to the internet). Find my iPhone option is your only hope now.

If your iPhone isn't locked with a passcode or Touch/FaceID, then I'd also recommend changing your email password, AppStore password, and all other passwords you used on it. So the person who gets the iPhone will not be able to access your emails or other things that require a password. Let me know if you need help with this.

If you have a passcode or Touch/FaceID enabled, then you don't have to change any passwords as the person who gets it will not be able to access anything. It will disable itself if there are any unauthorized attempts to open it.

You should also call your carrier and ask them to disable the SIM and services as well as backlist the iPhone.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 days ago.

You are most welcome! Have you received my instructions to locate and erase it online?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Where did you send it
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 days ago.

I will send the answer here again. 

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Find my phone is disabled
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is there another way
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 days ago.

Unfortunately, No. There is no other wat, Do you have a passcode enabled on it?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 days ago.

What about Face ID?

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 days ago.

If your phone is protected with Face ID, then no one will be able to access your data. If you don't have Face ID enabled, then you should change your email password, Apple password, and all the accounts and passwords you used on it.

You should also contact your credit card company and ask them to block your cards and issue replacement cards.

Then contact your carrier network or service provider and report of your SIM card lost. So they will issue a replacement card to you.