Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.

Hi there. Since a Microsoft update on 12/12/13, I have been

Hi there. Since a Microsoft update on 12/12/13, I have been unable to play my music software on my Vista laptop using MIDI and my audio interface. A laptop repair shop didn't know where to start, and I am at a loss myself, having reinstalled various drivers. It seems to relate to a security update for Windows kernel-mode drivers which has knocked my MIDI options on my software synths out of whack. I have uninstalled this update to no avail.
Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

No extra charge:
Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What other information can I supply you with to help with the issue?

I have all the information I need.

Was that a yes to the remote?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please, click the following link and choose to run the remote application:

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm booting up the laptop with the issue right now, please bear with me. Once up, I'll click on the link from that computer

All is now working.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page:

Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help below.

- Jason