Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

My outlook email will not send or receive. I have turned

My outlook email will not send or receive.
I have turned the computer off and back on twice to try and correct the issue to no avail.
The machine is constantly saying it is 'syncing' but nothing is happening.
I believe the fault lies with a large email I attempted to send containing a number of images? as the problem arose at this time?
Hi there and welcomeCan you in outlook Mark go to the outbox folder.Delete the email there and once deleted, try to send a new email.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard,
The email I tried to send is not visible in the sent items or outbox.
I do know that an email I sent after the large one was received by the recipient this morning( this was sent last night)
ok, if you now send an email, does it leave the outbox and go into the sent folder?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, it also says it is 'syncing'
ok, so the email remains in the outbox?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My ID ###-##-####
Password *****
connecting now
the password ***** ***** can you double check it please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
9672
thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard,
i have struggled to come back to you after re-booting my computer as directed
ok, now open Mail and add your account again.Does it then allow you to send and receive?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard,
Are you available to continue?
yes, I just sent you a message Mark, I will repeat it now open Mail and add your account again.Does it then allow you to send and receive?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No , it hasn't changed
can you run teamviewer please and provide me the ID and Password ***** connect.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ID ###-##-####
Password ee6x32
thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard,
It is still not syncing after all that?
When did this problem start Mark?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Last Night
ok, I want to do a system restore please.To do this, close all programs.Press the windows key + X and click on Control Panelclick System and SecurityThen click on SystemThen System ProtectionThen System restoreChoose a date before this problem occurred.Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK i will do so and come back to you
Thank you Mark