Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.

I run my hotmail account through Outlook 2010. I have lost

I run my hotmail account through Outlook 2010. I have lost connection with and in trying to rename my .ost folder I have lost all my email history how can I recover this and re-establish conection with the mail server?

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which version of windows you are using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 7

Can you press the windows key + R and enter in

press enter

Click on Appdata at the top

then click on Local

Then click on outlook

tell me what files are listed there please.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Can you go to

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID 536 107 501
Password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is what I sent you OK?

yes, connecting now