Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.

I use one Google account to keep spreadsheet records on

I use one Google account to keep spreadsheet records on Sheets, going back several years. Is there a simple way of backing up this data, in case the account was hacked or closed by Google for any reason?Thank you.

Hi there and welcome

You will want to export the sheet as a file to your computer

You can export a spreadsheet in several different file formats, including Excel (.xls only), OpenOffice, PDF, Text, HTML*, and CSV. To export a spreadsheet, select File > Download as and select a file type. Then select Open or Save.

*If you save the spreadsheet as .html, the file will open in your browser. Then select File > Save As, select the location, enter a file name, and click Save.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** realise, of course, that I can backup a single sheet - no problem. However, I have upwards of 60, and hoped there would be a way of backing up the account's contents in bulk.

you can then this service here to export everything from the app

It is part of Googles policy of allowing you to export all your content

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Many thanks, I'll try that. There's also another app called TakeOut ( ) so I'll compare the two, and see which is best for my purpose.