John
John, Software Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I am trying to update a norton 360 premier edition on a

I am trying to update a norton 360 premier edition on a computer that I have not used for many years. Can you please advise how I do this. Not this computer.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please provide the following details.

Did you purchase this Norton 360 online,if so do you remember the email address you used to purchase it?

Which version of windows is installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7,windows 8, Windows 10?

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My PC uses windows vista, I am 74years old so not very computer literate. I most likely purchased the 360 from Staples as a cd.
Not sure but would think the last time I updated was email as at present***@******.***

Thank you for clarifying it.Please give me a moment to check the system compatibility of Norton 360.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not sure if you can connect the computer in question is not this computer I have tried to connect to the internet but no connection possible. Computer has not been used for sometime.

Norton 360 seems to be compatible with windows vista.

The reason why its not renewing is because for renewing you need an active internet connection but again it may not work since haven't used that computer for a long it time so its best you purchase a new version directly from Norton site.

Are you clear ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thanks for your assistance

You are welcome.Is there anything else you like to know ?

If you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

John