cvd4311, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT and have been in the computer field for over 14 years.

I did as you advised and all worked o.k. except that I want

I did as you advised and all worked o.k. except that I want to protect the sheet and when I do that the hyperlink doesn't work.
I have tried to just unlock the hyperlink but that doesn't work either ...... any thoughts?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry but have to go out 'til about 16.00 will come back then.

Do you mean you wanted to protect the whole spreadsheet or just the hyperlink?

If you are talking about protecting the whole spreadsheet, then go to review tab and click on protect sheet or protect workbook. That way no one can change anything on your spreadsheet.

As far as getting your hyperlink working again, go to review then click on protecting the sheetthen go down to "Insert Hyperlink" option and make sure it has a check mark by it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
want to protect the whole sheet but enable the hyperlink to work i.e. I have a listing that I wan't protected but via a hyperlink go to particular records in the listing. When I protect the listing it stops the hyperlink fr
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm just going to do as you suggest won't be more than a minute
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can't access the link because the sheet is protected if I unlock the sheet the link works. If I just protect cells that include the link destination i.e.the hyperlink is not protected I think that might work ...... I'm sorry Cvd4311 but I have to go out now I'll come back later if not today tomorrow.
Thanks again