rwhill1
rwhill1,
14784508

Bbciplayer will not load Assistant: What are you having

Customer Question

bbciplayer will not load
Assistant: What are you having trouble accessing or opening?
Customer: opening
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Samsung ue32...
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: selecting I/p from menu and then from the app store. Both times the loading screen appears but loading does not happen
Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I think tnhat is enough!
Category: Software
Expert:  rwhill1 replied 4 months ago.

Could you provide the complete model number please?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My tv is: model UE 32 ES 5500
Expert:  rwhill1 replied 4 months ago.

Your TV is still listed on the BBC iPlayer certified devices list so it should work as far as I can tell:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/how-to-guides/getting-started/Samsung

However, I see that others have experienced a similar issue:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/BBC-iPlayer-not-working-on-UE32ES5500K-TV-Smart-Hub/td-p/241348

The most interesting part of this thread which fixed the issue for at least one user is:

'Many thanks for this. First of all the Software Update was in faded print, then it said it was not available. I tried the "reset" but it said it was already working. So I went back into the Menu again and saw "Alternative Software" which I had not noticed before. I clicked to update that and the TV turned off and on again and would you believe I was able to get BBC iPlayer.'

So I think that would be worth a try.

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

Expert:  rwhill1 replied 4 months ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive star rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich