Robert H
Robert H,
Experience:  IT Senior Client Services Engineer at DTE
106466437

Pearl, I don't know if you can help me. I have just

Customer Question

Pearl, I don't know if you can help me.
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: I have just purchased Wavepad and installed it on my mac 10.13.4 (sorry just been interrupted by a phone call)
JA: Which Wattpad product do you have?
Customer: I have edited a mp3 file but every time I save the file I cannot get it to play. the file seems to be playing but there is no sound. I am totally new to this and the problme may be a bsic error on my part but I don't know how to resolve it.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: only that I get an error message on saving and reopening the file that it says there is a loading error and the file cannot be edited.
Category: Software
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I purchased Wavepad 10.16. It appears to be a Master Edition - which is not what I ordered. I wanted the standard edition. But the code I was given was accepted so I presumed it was the correct version.
The software crashes constantly. The log report "object was probably modified after being freed".
Expert:  Robert H replied 8 days ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question & Answer web portal. My name is Robert and I am happy to be assisting you today.
Please note: If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.
Expert:  Robert H replied 8 days ago.
Please tell me where you purchased this
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you Robert.
I bought it from NCH software online
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
nchsoftware.com
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Robert, while I wait until you are free to answer I will reboot my computer to see if that helps. thanks
Expert:  Robert H replied 8 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No difference. Just to let you know exactly what I am doing. I launch the software. Select 'Open file'. It imports the mp3 file I want to edit. Event if I do nothing to the file and then save it (I have tried all the options: joint, mono, stereo etc) I get the same message: Error loading file. Wavepad could not open the file "......mp3" for editing
Expert:  Robert H replied 8 days ago.

I’m so sorry to hear about your issue. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

WavePad will not open my file(s) properly.

Are you are using a file format compatible with WavePad? Please click on the link for a list of supported formats.

Check your settings to make sure that you have the correct sound card selected in WavePad. From the Home tab, click the Options button.

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Also, thank you for giving me the chance to help out today.

If there is anything else that I can help with today, please let me know. My goal is to provide excellent service to you!

Robert_IT
(Your friendly expert)

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am using mp3 which is compatible with Wavepad.
I cannot find an options button on the Home tab. Only New, Open, Save, (Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy and Paste), Load CD, Bookmark, Batch, Silence, Volume and Preferences. What sound card should I be looking for?
Expert:  Robert H replied 8 days ago.

Please check out the guide video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNnTqWjvYsE

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you. The video is clear and is what I have been doing but it does not solve my problem.
I cannot save any file without an error message.
Where is the 'sound card' option? Is it relevant?
Expert:  Robert H replied 7 days ago.
Please give me a few moments to review your question!
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
no problem at all
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
OK. thankyou
Expert:  Robert H replied 6 days ago.

My pleasure