James - PC Tech
James - PC Tech, Software Support Technician
Experience:  IT Consultant and owner of Maidstone PC Repairs
106258752

I am buying a new lap top today. How can I transfer my NCH

I am buying a new lap top today. How can I transfer my NCH video converter from the old computer to the new lap mtop ?
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Oh dear ! It hasn't arrived yet . So I cant remember without checking my Amazon account
JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, I am waiting to receive the lap top later on todAY
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO

Hi - I'm James, a UK tech with JustAnswer. Do you just wish to install the NCH Video Converter on your new laptop? If so, you can download it to the new laptop from

https://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right ! So when I receive my new lap top this afternoon and get it set up, I’ll just log on to the address you have quoted above and go from there ! I think my Registration code is(###) ###-####! I purchased this software on the 12-03-2020

Yes that should work. If you have any problems with activation the tech support department should be able to help. If that is the case go to

https://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/support.html

This will bring up a list of FAQs but at the bottom is a link to contact them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO I DONT WANT TO PAY £22 FORE THAT ! i'LL TRY IT Myself. tHAT'S MORE EXPENSIVE THAN RTHEPRICEW OF THE SOFTWARE? nOT FAIR AT ALL

No you shouldn't have to pay anything to NCH - or have you had a remote support option appear in this conversation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it states Pay £22
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Want to switch to a Secure Remote Assistant?If you prefer, I can remotely connect to your device and troubleshoot for you.Amount: £22

Just ignore it - Justanswer prompts this option as sometimes it can help. You don't need it :-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've just copied and pasted to you what they want

Just follow the links I've given you and you should be fine!