MariaNina Aquino
MariaNina Aquino,
Experience:  Tech Coach at Concentrix
109092274

I'm having difficulty locating Minecraft world files on a

Hi - I'm having difficulty locating Minecraft world files on a Mac (I want to copy them to another computer) - where can I find them?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question & Answer web portal.
I'm Maria Nina, your tech expert for today.
I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem. I will do my best to help you sort this out quickly.

In the Finder, from the Go menu, select 'Go to Folder', then type: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft and click Go.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks - it wasn't there, but found the same folder under my user name - all I can see is the launcher, but no other resources?

Try to copy this on Spotlight:

~/Library/Application Support/minecraft

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi - that's
bringing up a forge-setup.jar.log

Try just:

~/Library/Application Support/

Check if you can find Minecraft folder.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
it's there, but I can only see a launcher folder and launcher_log_txt file (and the launcher folder looks empty)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
To give you the background (not sure if you can see earlier ticket) I'm running the OS off of a USB stick as the hard drive's not bootable - the string suggested is finding the folder on the stick, rather than the hard drive where the files should be
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Actually - just found it by showing hidden files in Finder - thanks for your help

Okay, glad you found it!

You're welcome.