Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Technician
Experience:  10+ years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 11 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Is there any way whilst in Excel to revert to how the Open

Is there any way whilst in Excel to revert to how the Open function used to work which is to go direct to folder view? Now it takes an extra step i.e. "Open-Browse" instead of just "Open" as it used to be? I find it very annoying and hate the new screen layout after "Open" as well!

I'm sorry about your issue. I'm glad to assist you today. To confirm the issue, you'd like to the Open function to go directly to folder view. Please give me a moment to check on this issue. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
that is what I want

Thank you. In your Excel program, please click on File menu, then select Options. Then click on the option Save on the left side. Then on the right side, scroll down to the section Save a document. Then check the box at the option called "Don’t show the Backstage when opening or saving files with keyboard shortcuts". Then click OK. Then from now on, to go directly to the folder view in Excel, press at the same time both the Ctrl key and the letter O key on the keyboard.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Fantastic, thank you. Who would have thought Excel Options would have an opening option under a Save section of the options?!

You're welcome. Great. Yeah, I know, Microsoft set it up that way. If you need anything else, please let me know. Thank you.