Vishnu Babu
Vishnu Babu, Technician
Experience:  Deputy Manager - IT at Amaazia By Cartoon Network
102788002

I have just received an e mail from you saying someone is

Customer Question

I have just received an e mail from you saying someone is trying to access my account. It is not me What do I do?
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: O
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: can you stop the transaction
Category: Software
Expert:  Vishnu Babu replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer, my name is***** allow me a moment to review your previous chat conversation. I'll be happy to assist you further.

I’m sorry you’re experiencing this problem. I understand how frustrating it must be. I’ll work on finding a solution.

I understand that you have received a notification that someone has accessed your account. Please do not worry, I will assist you further. I am unable to identify which account you are referring to. Could you please specify which account you are referring to? Is it an email account, a social networking account, or a financial account such as PayPal?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you.I just want to make sure that I have not been charged for the item of equipment that the person who is trying to access my account has succeeded.

Thanks for the reply. 

Could you please specify which account you are referring to? Is it an email account, a social networking account, or a financial account such as PayPal?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No. It’s just my account with Amazon.They have told me someone is trying to order something using my details and I want to stop it .

Have you received an email from Amazon stating that someone has accessed your account?

Please be aware that there are so many scams taking place on the internet in which hackers pretend to be Amazon.

Before responding to the email, please verify that it is coming from Amazon

A real Amazon email would be sent from an email address ending in "@amazon.com". If the return address appears like "*****@******.***" or "*****@******.***", or contains the name of another Internet Service Provider (ISP), it is a fake. Check the email header information, to determine whether the "received from", "reply to", and "return path" come from "@amazon.com".

Amazon Newer asks for the following information

• Your bank account information, credit card number, PIN, or credit card security code (including updates to any of the above).
  • Grammar and typographical errors: Many phishers send email messages that they translate from other languages or do not proofread.
  • Information that allows us to identify you, such as your mother's maiden name, your place of birth, etc.
  • Your Amazon account password.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It was an email from Amazon saying someone was trying to buy something on my account.I denied it but don’t know if it’s a scam. I have had similar email s from Amazon before when I have made a purchase.Is it possible to speak to you as I am in my eighties and this is proving to be a strain

I understand that you wish to speak with someone. Don't worry, I am happy to assist you. To request a callback from Amazon, please click the link below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/contact-us
In the meantime, please refer to the instructions at the below link on how to determine whether an email is from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G4YFYCCNUSENA23B

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I cannot access the link but I have received two further emails saying someone is trying to access my account

Thanks for getting back. Will you send a screenshot of the email so I can get a better idea of what's going wrong?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How do I do that?

You can click on "+" symbol, paper clip icon or the link "add file" to upload a file here, depending about what device you are using to chat to me. You can also feel free to upload your file to online storage online, and then share a download link here.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’m unable to do that.I am not sufficiently proficient

When you click the below-mentioned link, what happens exactly?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/your-account/order-history

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It comes up with Amazon asking me to sign in using my email address and password ***** then asking me to verify it but then I can’t go any further

Please carefully read the instructions on the screen. It may ask you to enter a recovery code, which will be sent to your email address. Please enter the code in order to proceed.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I cannot see any recovery code

I am unable to understand what the options on your screen are without a screenshot.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I think we will leave it for the time being.Thanks for your help

I would appreciate it if you could let me know when you are available to continue the troubleshooting process. Thank you

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorted it out now, a friend helped me - thanks for your assistance- bye

Thank you for informing me that the issue has been resolved.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer. We hope we will hear from you soon! Have a good day.