How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JW Fourie Your Own Question
JW Fourie
JW Fourie, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 15603
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
JW Fourie is online now

My friend was awarded R48 000 for unfair dismissal and the

Customer Question

My friend was awarded R48 000 for unfair dismissal and the employers have refused to pay. I have seen one lawyer and used a detective agency, both of which were useless. She has no money and I am a pensioner. Can you tell us what to do please?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  JW Fourie replied 1 year ago.

Good evening

You need to go back to the CCMA so that they can assist you in getting a warrant of execution from the Labour Court. Once you have the warrant, you need to take that warrant to the Sheriff who has jurisdiction over the employer, who will proceed to execute on that warrant by attaching cash or other movable assets of the employer, which will be sold or utilized to pay the employee.