How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6360
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

I own a property in Spain and have a D.N.I/N.I.F number X2944363H

Customer Question

I own a property in Spain and have a D.N.I/N.I.F number X2944363H but I have mislaid the certification and I need it as the final part of getting my car registered with Spanish plates. How or where do I get a replacement - Amanda Mayhew
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 5 years ago.

If you need a new document you have to contact to the closer police station ( Policia nacional ) or foreing office ( oficina de extranjeros) in order to get a new one. It must be done in the place where do you live ( Empadronado )

I will be here if you need more information

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Do you mean a new one or a replacement one and how can I do that from the UK. I'm not even sure where it was applied for originally, I think Motril. If I'm in Motril and I go the police what documentation will I need and if I get a new one not a rreplacement how does that affect all the legal paperwork that I already have that will now have a different number?

Expert:  José M. replied 5 years ago.
It is not a new one, its a replacement
The number will be the same
Thank you