How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6294
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

I want to take out a lease on a small property in Barcelona

Customer Question

I want to take out a lease on a small property in Barcelona from which to run a cocktail bar. It is at present a run down "pub" with limited accomodation above. What pit falls should I be aware of?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 4 years ago.


You have to ask for a writing contract and all the legal autorithations from the City Hall

With the writing contract and the city hall permissions and autorithation you do not take big riskes

May be beeter for you if you contract an attorney in Barcelona who study the contract and the autorithations for you


I will be here if needed

Thank you