How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6849
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

If a UK citizen mother (with a British passport) in Spain

This answer was rated:

If a UK citizen mother (with a British passport) in Spain is told by her Spanish solicitor that she cannot take her child out of Spain as it is against Spanish law (as the child, although a UK citizen - with a British passport -has a Spanish residency permit) is it illegal to do so even though a Spanish Court Order has not been issued or served ?  Would this be classed as abduction as the father - mother;s ex-partner - not married -is also a British passport holder at the moment living  in Spain ?


I am an spanish attorney

Your solicitor in Spain is right. She can no take the son out of Spain if the father do not agree with that
In order to take the monor out of Spain she requieres the autorithation of the father or a judicial permission

José M. and other Spain Law Specialists are ready to help you