How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 343
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

, My husband and I have been separated year after

Customer Question

My husband and I have been separated year after I found out that he was cheating on me. We have a house together, which I want to keep. He has not worked year and a half, I have given him money every month. He has an alcohol addiction and he need to check into a rehab I will be paying. When it comes to the divorce can I deduct all the money I have given him in the last year from the money I have to pay him house?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  clairep80 replied 3 years ago.

Thank you question.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you have?
How long have you lived together and are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


The house is on my mothers name as it was build from scratch and she started it. We finished up and did one of the floors , we have put in around 80.000 Euros together. I have always earned more then him, don't know if thats relevant? No mortgage & no debts. We have been together years, married , no children.

Thank you.

Expert:  clairep80 replied 3 years ago.

My apologies - I see that you are in Spain.
I shall opt out and transfer you to the correct section - please be patient as it will take a little time
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question .
Thank you!