How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6304
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

Thank you is she able to register , water and at

Customer Question

Thank you is she able to register for electric, water and at the casatro without residency papers and only a Gambian passport? Many thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Spain Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Apologies. To be clear, I any purchasing an apartment in Spain my name. I am from the UK. Do I need to register at the casatro and for electric and water, of can my girlfriend do this in her name. She only has a Gambian passport and her 5 year residency papers are nearly a year out of date. She is applying to renew them at the moment but it is a long process.
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, she can register at the catastro, she will need a rent contract with you, or just your autorithation with your ID car or pasport as the owner of the propiety
To register gas and electricity you do no need to be at the catastro
Catastro means you reside there, and you do not need it, but she does
Whit the catastro she will probe at future since she has been living there and the time she has in Spain
Thank you