How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6357
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

I own 50% of a property in Andalucía with my Uncle owning the

This answer was rated:

I own 50% of a property in Andalucía with my Uncle owning the other 50%
His half is paid for. My half is mortgaged.
Neither of us has made a will in Spain.
He now has severe mental illness and cannot even sign his name.
If he passes away, will I pay inherit his half and will I pay tax on it?
Hi there
In case he pass away the heir will have to pay taxes in Spain for the half of the propiety
The heir, whoever he is, will be have to pay for the value he recives here in Spain if he wants to inscribe his name at the propiety register
Thank you
José M spanish atorney
José M. and other Spain Law Specialists are ready to help you