How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6401
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

My late husband divorced s wife in 1987 in Spain. In the

Customer Question

my late husband divorced his wife in 1987 in Spain. In the sentencia he agreed to leave a gold watch to his stepson (it had been given to my husband by his then wife - the watch originally belonged to her first (late) husband. My husband did not make provision in his British Will made in December 2015 for this watch to be returned to his stepson with whom he had no relationship. My husband has now died and his ex-wife wants the watch back. Can she do this? Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Your question is very hard to answer, beacuse we has to know the sentancia and what is does say about the watch and if there is an spanish will or not

If the sentencia says that they agree to give the USE of the wacht to the step son, the propiety of it belongs to the heirs

If the sentencia says about the watch ( and no more ) the step son could say that the watch belongs to him for agrement of the owner and his then wife

If there is a will we have to read it

In all cases, if I were you, I will deny the wacht beacuse her legal chances at court are no so good and she will need to waste money and time at court

So, forget her and wait if she make any move to get the watch I suppose she will not

José M spanish atorney