How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6290
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

I am a non resident in spain driving a 2014 vechile I own a

Customer Question

I am a non resident in spain driving a 2014 vechile I own a property in spain the car has been in spain since February this year
I was stopped by roadside customs , my paper work checked allowed to go issued with a custom paper
The car is insured in spain by gibralta company I regularly take car to gibralta France Italy and uk
The vechile is registered in uk
I own a Spanish vechile for general use but the English plated vechile is is used for touring e.u
I am told that once the vechile has left spain I can not return for 6mnths is this correct
Thank you mtillett
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. José M spanish atorney. The máximum time you legaly could drive your UK plates car here in Spain is 6 months. After that you must put an spanish plates or take Out the car during at least for another 6 Months. Thank you.