How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6300
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

My father in law passed away in April having moved back from

Customer Question

My father in law passed away in April having moved back from Spain last September. Due to having no assets in the UK I paid for the funeral. We've subsequently found he's left his Spanish home and business to an ex-girlfriend in a Spanish will. Can I reclaim these funeral costs from his estate?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you have paid money that you could claim to the heir if you want and she will have to pay you. Let her know the sum she has to pay and ask for it, and tell her that if she does not pay you will sue her at court. Thank you. José M spanish atorney